Image Map

32 Weeks

26 June 2011

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 32 Weeks
Size of baby: Squash
Maternity Clothes: Maternity pants, but other than that everything else is normal.
Gender: It's a baby GIRL!!! Karis Ansleigh Williamson
Movement: Yes...all the time!
Sleep: I wake up every time I turn over...and have to go to the bathroom every night. I guess it's just getting me ready for when she comes.
What I Miss: Sleeping on my back...and it's uncomfortable to pick things up off the floor. :)
Cravings: Nothing out of the ordinary.
Symptoms: For the most part I am still feeling really good!
Best Moment this Week: She has just been moving like crazy!

Baby's now the size of a squash!
Ready or not, baby's getting ready to emerge. She's probably in the head-down position by now, with her bottom facing up. This is the comfiest way for her body to fit in your increasingly cramped womb and will make her eventual exit (only two months away now!) much easier.

First, let me apologize for being so behind on updating the blog. I have been terrible lately. I thought about trying to back date and making up for weeks 30 and 31...but then I decided to cut my losses and just start back on track. It seems like life is getting more and more hectic lately. Apparently my new job at CFA is busy during the summer too. I was hoping for a relaxing summer for once, but it's not gonna be this year.

We are now at the point that I have doctors appointments every 2 our next appointment is this Wednesday. We actually had a pretty interesting week last week. I haven't even told anyone other than John about this (so Mom doesn't know), but it wasn't a big deal so I didn't want to freak anyone out. Anyway, on Tuesday I was on my way to work at about 7:30 one morning. When I was sitting at a red light waiting to get on the interstate all of a sudden I was rear-ended by the guy behind me. It really didn't do any damage to my can just see two small spots where he had a front tag and the screws that hold it on scratched my bumper. Either way that really wasn't my concern. The impact caused my seat belt to pull really tightly across my it scared me and made me very concerned for Karis. The guy that hit me was a huge jerk and basically just drove off...fortunately a police officer drove up right then, checked out my car and offered to call an ambulance. I totally did not want an ambulance. I wasn't far from home and John wasn't going in to work until late that day, so I went back home to see him and calm down. A little later in the morning I went ahead and made a precautionary call to my doctor, just to be safe and make sure there was nothing that I should be on the lookout for. This was just about the worst day of the whole week for this to happen, as I had super important meetings and we had a major event that night. After some time my doctor was insistent that I had to go to the hospital for monitoring. Apparently any time anyone who is pregnant is in any kind of accident, no matter how bad, they require they have monitoring done at the hospital. So, off I went...I was checked in and given a room to sit for the next 4+ hours. They require that the monitoring be at least 4 hours. So I got two fetal monitors strapped to my belly and had 4 blood tests done. Their biggest concern was that the placenta may have ripped or been ruptured in anyway. I felt pretty certain that Karis was fine as I had been feeling plenty of movement, I didn't have any bleeding or anything out of the ordinary. Either way, they wanted to be safe rather than sorry. So, I sat in this room for 4 hours and listened to Karis' heart beat the whole time. The blood tests came out just fine and we were cleared. I was having quite a bit of Braxton Hicks contractions, but they said they would have been surprised if I hadn't been feeling them. Now that I know for sure that's what I have been feeling, I have had Braxton Hicks prior to Tuesday, I just wasn't sure. Either way it's pretty normal at this stage in pregnancy....and long story short, Karis and I are both fine and healthy. No need to worry.

I did have my shower since I last posted, but I don't have much to post about it now or hardly any pictures. So, that will come another day. John and I have been trying to slowly buy up the remaining things that we really need to have before Karis gets here. We are making progress, slowly but surely. I'm going to run for now...will check in again soon. I will leave you with an updated picture...I can't believe it's been 6 weeks since we took a picture, we are so behind. Here are Karis and I at 32 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...